Weighing in at just over four pounds a pair, the Travers boasts an incredibly lightweight and pliable construction thanks to lightweight materials in the shell, while the carbon fiber sheath in the sole assures rigidity and stiffness akin to your favorite alpine boot. In addition to an easily personalized fit, the boot's free-pivoting cuff system allows for an unobstructed range of motion, and when combined with the easy-to-use walk mode, you're able to glide up the skin track in no time. However, when encountering roly-poly or more technical skin tracks, cinch the down the cuff and lock-off the walk mode for more supportive, secure fit.
To keep the liner warm and dry during long ascents, Fischer outfitted the Travers with a waterproof gaiter that fixes to the shell's lower portion and stretches just about to the top of the cuff. This gaiter is not only dexterous, but easily fends off snow build up and sweat alike. So whether you're searching for a lightweight and dependable ski mountaineering boot or alpine touring boot, the Travers has made its grand entrance and ensures nothing short of a good time.
- A lightweight ski boot for alpine touring or ski mountaineering
- Grilamid and carbon upper offer lightweight, pliable performance
- Thin, moldable Palau liner ensures a comfortable feel
- Carbon shealth beneath the sole ensures stability and stiffness
- Tenacious, rubber sole offers ample grip on steep bootpacks
- Powerstrap and Boa closure provide a customized, pressure-free fit
- Waterproof gaiter keeps snow at bay on long skinners